<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14350795?origin\x3dhttp://dont-cha.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

 

GAMBLER

(n) One who plays at a game of chance, who gambles; One who takes risks


FACEBOOK | TWITTER
YOUTUBE | ZUCKFUL

Zulkarnain Sadali. I'm nineteen but I tend to forget so I unknowingly tell people I'm eighteen. Ridiculous, I know. I'm a rockstar in between the sets, no eyeliner and cigarettes. Life is magical, but its not so fantastic. Oh.

A student in Temasek Polytechnic's IIT School, majoring in Interactive Media Informatics, (IMI) with intentions of making it in the Media industry, a far cry from anything in IT. But I'm open to its possibilities.

I like to leave a little mystery in everything I type, and certain times I do not like to be obvious. I rather speak in tounges and cryptically because that's how I roll. But I always stand by my beliefs.

Just like Hannah Montana, I get the best of both worlds. I like fun but I don't mix anything together. Except when socialising though. Anything goes.

I'm a good boy, most of the times. Of course I shan't deny. I can be a real devil.

I repeat, I stand by my beliefs. If you don't like it, then you should put a red X on it.

PAPARAZZI

(n) photographers and other people involved in the media, who follow people, especially celebrities, in order to look for stories
I REALLY REALLY REALLY ENDORSE.

SRSLY.

mdzulkar9's Profile Page

RICH

(n) possessing material wealth

STARSTRUCK

(n) fascinated by fame or by celebrities

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta is under the spotlight this time. In 2008, Gaga released The Fame, which she explained was "about how anyone can feel famous".

The Fame spawned many hit singles, including her debut single, Just Dance. Hit after hit, GaGa proved that she isn't a one hit wonder.

“An album full of hits.” – Billboard

THE FAME by LADY GAGA. OUT IN STORES NOW.

HONEY

(n) sweeten with; used as terms of endearment

BUDDY'S THE DJ

(n) a friend who selects and plays recorded music for an audience.

aina
amanda
amin
ayuni
azizan
cheryl
dakota
elene
fadli
farah
faris
fariza
firdaus
fitriana
gereleine
grace
haiqal
hanping
haziq
hazirah
huibo
indera
ivy
jaye
jayne
kaisheng
katrina
khairul
khir
liyana
liyana OL
luqman
michelle
mingxian
mithra
rafie
randy
rizal
robin
sakinah
sam
shane
shahirah
shikin
shikin
syafiqah
syahid
syuhada
taufiq
valenisha
zahrah
zhou dao

If you want to be linked, click "Comment" below any blog entry or scroll up under "Honey" and click on any comment. Then, add your name and address, and a short message. I will link you as soon as possible.

thanks.
Zul.

FILTER

(n) supressing information or waves of frequencies that are not required

Search:
Search Posts
Label
Google Blog Search
Technorati
For:

DISCO STICK

(n) a tool that holds the disco ball, a sexual innuendo

Surprised? This is my 33rd layout. The 41-month long run of DONT-CHA.blogspot.com spawned many layouts, from graphic art to vectors, to very narcissistic ones.

The layout is based on Lady GaGa's video, Poker Face. The layout goes hand-in-hand in promoting her debut album, The Fame.

No copyright infringement intended.

As a writer, I accept constructive criticism. However, as a person, I do not appreciate disrespectful and hurtful comments to me, my family, friends and/or but not limited to anyone that I speak of on my blog.

I do not guarantee that you will like everything that I read/say on DONT-CHA, but my intention is to entertain.

Please respect my work and my blog and kindly do not steal ANYTHING written/posted on my blog. It is deemed theft. If you want to use something, please just ask. This includes my profiles on FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube including but not limited to Friendster. I usually say yes.

I repeat. If you don't like it, put a red X on it, for Windows, and a red dot on it, for Mac.

I advise that you view this on a 1024x768 screen, preferably larger. Best viewed by my own Macbook.


Lady GaGa - Poker Face (Jody den Broeder Radio Edit)

 

Daylight
Monday, December 03, 2007 4:54 am
 
YES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

I AM BACK!

Work was fun; really. Mainly because of the colleagues that I met along the way. I'll miss all of the great ones. I didn't managed to get a picture with all of them but just so you know, I will miss all of them. LIKE A LOT. I reached home at about 3 a.m. after clearing stocks at Expo and let me tell you, the exhibitors left the place in a hot ass mess.

[IMG_0371.jpg]
(L to R) Shaun, Joakim, Alex, Zhee Loong and Eugene

Here are the special few that have made working at SITEX 2007 an unforgettable one.

[DSC07217.jpg]

This picture looks dead wrong, but whatever. Joakim is a know-it-all and what's amazing is that he is very modest about it. Most of the time he will probably digress about something but actually he's like a walking wikipedia. I mean seriously. I thought I was one but he can go on and on and on for hours. I myself read wikipedia but not like this guy. He's a smart-ass (and not in a 'oh-my-gosh-im-better-that-you kind) but he really wants to give all that he's got. I try my best to pay attention to every word but my short term memory loss takes over me everytime. Still; he can talk my brains out.

[DSC07201.jpg]

My expression is dead wrong - Alex looks fine. For some reason I always confuse his name's with Shaun. Regardless, Alex laughs at everything I say. I said something funny that day, it was, "Ni Mama Me-yo Mao" which means, "Your mother has no hair" and he laughed. (I actually knew that quote from a long time ago) From then on he laughed at every single thing I said. Still, Alex is great company and good luck for NS and say bye to the hair. He's amiable and has a nice presence. I still can't get over the fact that he told me to get up on stage with my microphone and say the above mentioned sentence.

[DSC07204.jpg]

Eugene - to a certain extent I could relate to him. He's nice to talk to and let's just say, he entertains my nonsense (and damn, these few pics, I look really dark) and he's a damn flirt. HAHA! At least that's what the other guys bxtch about him to me. HAHA. They say he entertains all the female customers like hell. Still he's a very nice guy regardless of whatever the others bxtch about. HAHA. He's just superfriendly, okay?

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST....

SARGENT THO ZHEE LOONG!
[IMG_0366.jpg]

He looks as though he's my age, or probably younger. However, this bloke here is 20 years old. I KNOW RIGHT?! When I first met him, I wanted to ask, "O LEVELS' HOW?" Then he told me his age. My jaws dropped. I think he looks younger than all of us (in the first photo, seriously). In the short yet long week that I spent with working with various people, I can honestly say he's the one that I am the closest with. I don't know. He's like a brother to me, you know. He's super nice and he really takes care of my welfare. HAHA.

I'm not kidding. Once I said, "Being the only Malay [guy] here freaks me out. I've never felt so left out. At least you make me feel like I'm not alone." He truly is one remarkable guy and I don't think I'll forget him.

Of course there are the other colleagues that have made working pleasurable. Faces like Natasha, Iz, Mastura and others were so welcoming. They deserve a round of applause. I don't know what to say if I don't see them again. Hopefully one day.

There were the weird ones.

The Trinity; or the Harry Potters, are the weird kind.

Harry Potter #1. He talks as though he has a fixation. He thinks he's talking like some professor but he looks like he's chewing with his mouth open. That's how he looked like. And you know what. I had to emcee, so I had to talk like a machine gun and play loud music to attract customers. He would have the tendacy to turn it down. That's one. Two, he opened up a sealed headphone (for the customers to buy) and used it to block the noise and three, when he was told not to do so, he stuffed tissues in his ears. Fxcking weird laa this fella.

Harry Potter #2. He just has a fxcking weird laugh.

Harry Potter #3. He is the weirdest. I was the emcee and I had to make annoncement, quick and very convincing. He would always compliment me and for the first few times, I got very touched and pleased. Once it reached the seventh time, I wanted to explode. I was wearing my tote bag and he saw it. He said, "Your bag reminds me of my bag!" I looked at him and said, "You wear a tote bag too?" He's like, "oh, I mean the colour."

So fxcking random. He's lisp but that's fine. He does have a pseudo Chinese-American accent which by the way is soooooooo unconvincing.

Regardless, working has made me realised earning money is not easy. One hour of work = one lunch meal. And that's it. From work, I truly learnt the values of money. Topping up with my own cash and realising that's all I have. I guess I won't be splurging. My last job was all about fun. This job was fun, though part-time, it's a real job.

I hated the job and I want to better myself and go to polytechnic and get a better education. I don't want to be stuck as a part-timer counting stocks and doing such crap. I'm going to do something I love.

I'm glad I came to this revelation. I finally see daylight, people. I think the reason why I saw this was because I'm not money-hungry. I mean, many people get off O levels to find jobs only to spend spend spend. I went to find work with the mindset of looking for experience and killing time. So how much pay I get won't be of essence to me.

Besides. I already know I earned quite a huge sum. Not enough to support ALL my needs and wants but still, it's sufficient to feed the important quota first.

I didn't exactly say what my job was. Ladies and gentlemen (that's my current phrase) as mentioned here, I was initially doing stock checking. Then to Expo for sales and then halfway, my talents were recognized and I became the emcee. I earn a little bit more than my colleagues because (in their own words) I'm largely responsible for attracting customers from a distance.

I was hesitant about telling some of my colleagues about it at first but they just said, "don't worry. We all like you so we won't hate you for that."

I said to everyone of the colleagues that I liked.

"I hate the job but I will miss all of you so badly."

and I still feel that way.
and I can't believe I forgot to ask for Iz and Mas' contact. :( They were so great laa seriously.

Note: this entry is posted on Tuesday, 4 December 2007. Anything that has happened on this post happened on Sunday night/Monday morning, 2 - 3 December 2007, date is for archiving purposes only.

Labels: , , , ,