<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14350795?origin\x3dhttp://dont-cha.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

 

GAMBLER

(n) One who plays at a game of chance, who gambles; One who takes risks


FACEBOOK | TWITTER
YOUTUBE | ZUCKFUL

Zulkarnain Sadali. I'm nineteen but I tend to forget so I unknowingly tell people I'm eighteen. Ridiculous, I know. I'm a rockstar in between the sets, no eyeliner and cigarettes. Life is magical, but its not so fantastic. Oh.

A student in Temasek Polytechnic's IIT School, majoring in Interactive Media Informatics, (IMI) with intentions of making it in the Media industry, a far cry from anything in IT. But I'm open to its possibilities.

I like to leave a little mystery in everything I type, and certain times I do not like to be obvious. I rather speak in tounges and cryptically because that's how I roll. But I always stand by my beliefs.

Just like Hannah Montana, I get the best of both worlds. I like fun but I don't mix anything together. Except when socialising though. Anything goes.

I'm a good boy, most of the times. Of course I shan't deny. I can be a real devil.

I repeat, I stand by my beliefs. If you don't like it, then you should put a red X on it.

PAPARAZZI

(n) photographers and other people involved in the media, who follow people, especially celebrities, in order to look for stories
I REALLY REALLY REALLY ENDORSE.

SRSLY.

mdzulkar9's Profile Page

RICH

(n) possessing material wealth

STARSTRUCK

(n) fascinated by fame or by celebrities

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta is under the spotlight this time. In 2008, Gaga released The Fame, which she explained was "about how anyone can feel famous".

The Fame spawned many hit singles, including her debut single, Just Dance. Hit after hit, GaGa proved that she isn't a one hit wonder.

“An album full of hits.” – Billboard

THE FAME by LADY GAGA. OUT IN STORES NOW.

HONEY

(n) sweeten with; used as terms of endearment

BUDDY'S THE DJ

(n) a friend who selects and plays recorded music for an audience.

aina
amanda
amin
ayuni
azizan
cheryl
dakota
elene
fadli
farah
faris
fariza
firdaus
fitriana
gereleine
grace
haiqal
hanping
haziq
hazirah
huibo
indera
ivy
jaye
jayne
kaisheng
katrina
khairul
khir
liyana
liyana OL
luqman
michelle
mingxian
mithra
rafie
randy
rizal
robin
sakinah
sam
shane
shahirah
shikin
shikin
syafiqah
syahid
syuhada
taufiq
valenisha
zahrah
zhou dao

If you want to be linked, click "Comment" below any blog entry or scroll up under "Honey" and click on any comment. Then, add your name and address, and a short message. I will link you as soon as possible.

thanks.
Zul.

FILTER

(n) supressing information or waves of frequencies that are not required

Search:
Search Posts
Label
Google Blog Search
Technorati
For:

DISCO STICK

(n) a tool that holds the disco ball, a sexual innuendo

Surprised? This is my 33rd layout. The 41-month long run of DONT-CHA.blogspot.com spawned many layouts, from graphic art to vectors, to very narcissistic ones.

The layout is based on Lady GaGa's video, Poker Face. The layout goes hand-in-hand in promoting her debut album, The Fame.

No copyright infringement intended.

As a writer, I accept constructive criticism. However, as a person, I do not appreciate disrespectful and hurtful comments to me, my family, friends and/or but not limited to anyone that I speak of on my blog.

I do not guarantee that you will like everything that I read/say on DONT-CHA, but my intention is to entertain.

Please respect my work and my blog and kindly do not steal ANYTHING written/posted on my blog. It is deemed theft. If you want to use something, please just ask. This includes my profiles on FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube including but not limited to Friendster. I usually say yes.

I repeat. If you don't like it, put a red X on it, for Windows, and a red dot on it, for Mac.

I advise that you view this on a 1024x768 screen, preferably larger. Best viewed by my own Macbook.


Lady GaGa - Poker Face (Jody den Broeder Radio Edit)

 

Legendary
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 9:14 pm
 
[old+family+photo.jpg]
My late grandparents with their children way back when my mum was 17, I think.
Front row: Rohana, Kaminah (my late grandmother), Sulaiman (my late grandfather), Rohani
Back row: Rohaya, Rokilah, Suhaimi, Hassan, Rozinah, Rozita (Mummy! :D), Hussein, Rozimah.


They say at funerals everyone cries because they just lost their loved ones. They say at funerals everyone sits around and prays. Today's funeral session wasn't any different.

It was the aftermath of the funeral that was the highlight of the day. No one was sad. Everyone had positive thoughts and everyone gelled together like a family like the good old days. That to me, was really the best thing that ever happened on such a sad occasion.

Last night at approximately 9.13pm, my grandfater, Sulaiman Bin Taib was announced dead. Mum was on the phone with Wak Anah and it was really coincidental. Wak Anah actually wanted mum to visit Atuk for a while because it seemed that he was "critical". When Wak Anah walked in the ward, he left. And this all happened during that phone call.

I was fiddling around with Macky, usual routine of brainstorming what to blog about when Mum came in the room with the news. I was speechless, but it lasted for a while. I quickly typed out yesterday's post, got dressed and got out.

When we reached the hospital, they had already covered Atuk with the white cloth. You can imagine the waterworks from my uncles and aunts. It was just sad, really. As I looked around the ward, somehow, many beds were empty right before Atuk's death. I looked at him as they lifted the cloth that covered his face. Right then I realised this was real, he really was gone.

Eventually, they brought his body to the Last Office. It's basically a room of which only a bed could fit and a few seats availiable. Some read verses of the Quran, some just kept to themselves. I just needed time to pull myself together. I didn't really know whether to cry or to just stay composed and compose others instead.

Everyone was crying when the porter pushed his bed out of the room. I didn't really know what to feel. I felt rather numb because I was prepared for his death; I told myself that it was indeed his time to go. However, I felt rather sad; he was my last grandfather.

I just didn't know what to do.

This morning it was somehow a new experience. We had to clean Atuk's body. His so called, "last shower" and we had to throughly clean his body. It was really an eye opening experience. (I apologise, I really don't know how to describe this phase.)

When the shower was done, we had to "put his clothes on" for him and then brought him out to the living room (no pun intended, of course, hehe) and Hamid had already arrived. (Yeah, he actually came! Thanks bro!) This was when the water started to flow. We had to bid our goodbyes to him and we have to spread this sort of powder around his head and kiss him on his forehead.

I read the Al-Fatihah and said to him, "when you go to Heaven, I hope you will be with Grandma. Don't forget us, okay?" Followed with a kiss on his forehead.

Then I started to tear up. This followed with a prayer session for him and after which we boarded the bus to send him to the cemetry.

I sat with Hamid on the bus and stayed positive. Haizal and Iman entertained us both; those naughty little boys. HAHA. Put a smile on my face every time.

When we reached the cemetery, the layout was so different. All of the corpses were stacked on each other. It was really scary. (When you visit the cemetery, check it out. Its really weird.) And there were more prayers said for him, and then when it was time to leave, it was hard to say goodbye.

I reached in and said, "on behalf of me, my sister, my mother and my father, thank you for taking care of us. Now go take care of yourself. Don't be scared of what's to come."

Then we left. Sis was crying her eyes out, along with my cousins Khir and Rizal. I told them to just walk away because if they stayed, they won't leave. Kak Sophie echoed, "Don't look back. Just go."

I was happy that perhaps he's at a better place now. I did my photography assignment for Visual Literacy on the bus ride home. Talk about multi-tasking. All to... I guess, distract myself.

How appropriate, the song that is playing this second.

Haji Sulaiman Bin Taib
29 June 1930 - 1 July 2008.

He was 78 years old and his birthday just passed. His beloved wife passed away 3 July 1999. The closeness of date is so sweet, somehow.

P/S: sorry for such a long post!
P/P/S: Thanks a million for all the prayers.

----------------
Now playing: Katy Perry - Thinking of You
via FoxyTunes

Labels: