<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/14350795?origin\x3dhttp://dont-cha.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

 

GAMBLER

(n) One who plays at a game of chance, who gambles; One who takes risks


FACEBOOK | TWITTER
YOUTUBE | ZUCKFUL

Zulkarnain Sadali. I'm nineteen but I tend to forget so I unknowingly tell people I'm eighteen. Ridiculous, I know. I'm a rockstar in between the sets, no eyeliner and cigarettes. Life is magical, but its not so fantastic. Oh.

A student in Temasek Polytechnic's IIT School, majoring in Interactive Media Informatics, (IMI) with intentions of making it in the Media industry, a far cry from anything in IT. But I'm open to its possibilities.

I like to leave a little mystery in everything I type, and certain times I do not like to be obvious. I rather speak in tounges and cryptically because that's how I roll. But I always stand by my beliefs.

Just like Hannah Montana, I get the best of both worlds. I like fun but I don't mix anything together. Except when socialising though. Anything goes.

I'm a good boy, most of the times. Of course I shan't deny. I can be a real devil.

I repeat, I stand by my beliefs. If you don't like it, then you should put a red X on it.

PAPARAZZI

(n) photographers and other people involved in the media, who follow people, especially celebrities, in order to look for stories
I REALLY REALLY REALLY ENDORSE.

SRSLY.

mdzulkar9's Profile Page

RICH

(n) possessing material wealth

STARSTRUCK

(n) fascinated by fame or by celebrities

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta is under the spotlight this time. In 2008, Gaga released The Fame, which she explained was "about how anyone can feel famous".

The Fame spawned many hit singles, including her debut single, Just Dance. Hit after hit, GaGa proved that she isn't a one hit wonder.

“An album full of hits.” – Billboard

THE FAME by LADY GAGA. OUT IN STORES NOW.

HONEY

(n) sweeten with; used as terms of endearment

BUDDY'S THE DJ

(n) a friend who selects and plays recorded music for an audience.

aina
amanda
amin
ayuni
azizan
cheryl
dakota
elene
fadli
farah
faris
fariza
firdaus
fitriana
gereleine
grace
haiqal
hanping
haziq
hazirah
huibo
indera
ivy
jaye
jayne
kaisheng
katrina
khairul
khir
liyana
liyana OL
luqman
michelle
mingxian
mithra
rafie
randy
rizal
robin
sakinah
sam
shane
shahirah
shikin
shikin
syafiqah
syahid
syuhada
taufiq
valenisha
zahrah
zhou dao

If you want to be linked, click "Comment" below any blog entry or scroll up under "Honey" and click on any comment. Then, add your name and address, and a short message. I will link you as soon as possible.

thanks.
Zul.

FILTER

(n) supressing information or waves of frequencies that are not required

Search:
Search Posts
Label
Google Blog Search
Technorati
For:

DISCO STICK

(n) a tool that holds the disco ball, a sexual innuendo

Surprised? This is my 33rd layout. The 41-month long run of DONT-CHA.blogspot.com spawned many layouts, from graphic art to vectors, to very narcissistic ones.

The layout is based on Lady GaGa's video, Poker Face. The layout goes hand-in-hand in promoting her debut album, The Fame.

No copyright infringement intended.

As a writer, I accept constructive criticism. However, as a person, I do not appreciate disrespectful and hurtful comments to me, my family, friends and/or but not limited to anyone that I speak of on my blog.

I do not guarantee that you will like everything that I read/say on DONT-CHA, but my intention is to entertain.

Please respect my work and my blog and kindly do not steal ANYTHING written/posted on my blog. It is deemed theft. If you want to use something, please just ask. This includes my profiles on FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube including but not limited to Friendster. I usually say yes.

I repeat. If you don't like it, put a red X on it, for Windows, and a red dot on it, for Mac.

I advise that you view this on a 1024x768 screen, preferably larger. Best viewed by my own Macbook.


Lady GaGa - Poker Face (Jody den Broeder Radio Edit)

 

My New Friend
Sunday, December 23, 2007 3:10 pm
 
[DSC07418.jpg]

First of all, I would like to thank Samsung and Ripplevox once again for letting me 'keep' the Samsung YP-T10 mp3 player and the SBH-500 bluetooth headset for about a month or so.

Now, a part of the deal is that I do a review and I'd rather be honest (and get to keep the player) then go bootlicking Samsung (to keep it also laa). Need I remind you again, Samsung? HAHA. Just be glad that the WEP-200 is serving my dad well.

All jokes aside, the YP-T10 when combined with the SBH-500 together, packs a punch. I'll be breaking it down to a few categories and criteria for this very honest review.

Appearance
I LOVE THE SLEEK LOOK THAT THE YP-T10 HAS! The black glossy, 'having a smooth' gleaming surface attracted me like mosquito to blood. I love the touch screen function and I definitely love the fact that out of the whole mp3 player, it only has one button, the on-and-off-or-lock switch.

The back however, is not as sleek has the front. Samsung wants to let you know that, 'hey! We designed and made this shiz." Er. Yeah, you did. I guess Samsung is cross-breeding marketing and copyright. Out of the whole player, Samsung writes its name four times on this nano sized player. What's worst, three times on one side.

I know, I'm just bxtching about irrelevant things. Okay, back to serious business.

They also provide screen protector. Need I say more?

Format and Sound
I don't really care much for format. The player accepts mp3 or wma format. Just make sure when you rip the songs from your CD, settings are set to unprotected. I highly recommend that users get all the songs in the mp3 format, just to be on the safe side, however, those who are slightly technologically-challenged may have a problem or two.

The sound is awesome. You can adjust the equalizer to match your needs. Some people would rather hear the voice, but for me, it's all about the bass.

Concentrating on the wireless headset, SBH-500, can I scream 'awesome' as well? The headset has its own volume control and it actually tells you when you've reached the maximum volume so that your head doesn't explode.

Best of all, it's great to wear the SBH-500, lets dancers dance and headbangers headbang when listening to their favourite music without the hassle of wires. As the YP-T10's slogan, 'Freedom from Wires', I solemnly agree.

However, relating to the equalizer function, it is not available when you use the SBH-500. When attached via wires, I chose the R&B setting but upon switching to the SBH-500, the equaliser goes back to normal.

Display
Quite honestly, I love the display. The YP-T10 gives you a limited number of menu design and for me I chose the very calm but slightly sexy blue, My Skin. It features tones of blue and I really like it. Looks mature and very uplifting for some reason. Other designs included Sammy, which features what seems to be the YP-10 spokesperson. A dog. Yes, a dog, jumping around while you play your music. Sammy was a huge turn-off for me, so I am glad Samsung at least gives you the choice of other designs.

With that, I only bothered to explore My Skin, (I kicked Sammy off the curb) and I realised, it wasn't so limited! After choosing My Skin, I am able to choose the colour scheme which included blue, purple, pink, yellow and red. Quite tempting, it has all my favourite colours.

Samsung is smart to have introduce the 'choose-your-own-freaking-font' fucntion. Three is up for choice, the normal Arial, Century Gothic and a 'diary-lookalike' font. I chose Century Gothic. (Century Gothic by the way is the font I used for this blog.)

Video
I am glad that the video function is available for the YP-T10. It gives you crisp-clear videos and better yet, they sustain the sound quality. It's like watching it on the computer.

The hassle of it all is, users are unable to drag-and-drop the file from the computer to the YP-T10. You would have to use the Samsung Media Studio to convert the video files. You can only use two formats, WMV and MP4.

I'm alright with the two formats but Samsung should provide a wider range (perhaps MPG and/or AVI) just to provide convenience for users. Also having to convert the video is a huge hassle, easily comparable to other brands while they drag-and-drop.

Perhaps Samsung's main focus was that users convert to conserve space on the YP-T10 so I guess its a game of give-and-take. Kudos, regardless for the hassle. The converter also gives users their freedom to choose the quality of the conversion, obviously highest quality - more space needed, to medium and to lowest quality, less space needed.

Samsung seem to have gotten the concept of choice and conservation of space for its users.

Image
To be honest, I don't really use the image storage function on the YP-T10 but it's just a typical image viewer cum slideshow. With this image function, users are able to drag-and-drop the jpeg files however, the Samsung Media Studio also transfers images and converts them into a smaller yet still clear resolution.

I experimented with a 3mb jpeg and it converted the image to about 100kb which is a world of a difference when it comes to a 2gig player. I checked with the YP-T10 and apparently, with the 3mb image I couldn't zoom in for a closer look but with the converted 100kb image, I was able up to zoom 400%, still maintaining a crisp and clear quality.

Samsung again has gotten the concept of conserving space for users.

Accessories/Packaging
Let's not count the SBH-500 as an accessory attached to the whole YP-T10 package as it is in a separated box.

The package includes:
  1. The YP-T10 itself
  2. Normal headsets
  3. Ear cushion type of thing, I don't know what it is. HAHA (that soft thing you wrap on your headsets)
  4. USB cables
  5. The Samsung Media Studio software CD
  6. And an instruction booklet that does not help much.
It kinda sucks that they do not include the charger but apparently, the USB dock on the player can be used with a Samsung phone. Me, being a Samsung virgin, I had no clue. A few months back, my sister bought a USB-AC adapter, so that is the way I charge the player. Its convenient. You guys should really get one - or Samsung should just provide it.

Prime Pack
In the YP-T10, it has the Prime Pack, which is apparently holds applications. They have two, Text Viewer and Voice Recording software.

Text Viewer is quite amazing. It reads normal .txt files, so you can input lyrics and sing-a-long to it. It's also amazing because text size can be changed from small to large, and you can change the text colour in five different themes. As said, you can sing-a-long with full control of the volume. There is however a rather interesting function of the text viewer which is Add Bookmark (for very long text files) so you can mark the important pages/parts but the downside is that you can only have one bookmark.

Voice recording works like most recorders, recording in 96kbps in the mp3 format. The good thing about the YP-T10 that it you can also hear yourself talking through the microphone when you are in the recording function via the headset. This function is most suitable for those who sleep in class and just want to record the lectures. Oh yea.

File Browser
This function is to really just oversee where your files are, but personally I feel that this function is rather useless because you are not able to delete files directly from the player, which is a hassle - sometimes you just don't want people to see the oompa-loompas hiding in your player, if you know what I mean.

Things I Don't Use
Datacast - apparently is the RSS feeds. I don't really care much for it, so no comment.

Other Cool Stuff I Found Out
The SBH-500 connects to the YP-T10 via bluetooth connection. However, you can sync the SBH-500 to the YP-T10 AT THE SAME TIME, connecting it to your phone! So when your phone rings, with a hit of a button on the side of your headset, you can answer your phone call! It would totally stop the music. When you're done with your call, the music restarts.

How cool is that?!

Aini would also hold on to the YP-T10 attaching the headset via the jack while I listen to the songs via the SBH-500. Yeah, that's how we roll when we go out. HAHA.

Conclusion
The look of it all is that this player is very attractive. Says Lionel, "[YP-T10] has a funky design that which is attractive to people. Plus, it's black [and sleek]!" Aini agrees on the wireless and continues to say, "The YP-T10 is the coolest thing ever!" I personally love the freedom of choice - the colours and themes. Added to that, the fact that Samsung conserves space on the YP-T10 for us. The SBH-500 is a must-buy, seriously when you are getting the YP-T10

Pros
  1. The bluetooth connection rocks
  2. Provided screen protector
  3. Freedom of choice (themes/colours)
  4. Conservation of space
  5. Video/Image clarity
Cons
  1. SBH-500 hurts the ear loop (but eventually you'll get used to it)
  2. Does not provide charger
  3. No drag-and-drop function for video (hassle, much?)
  4. Video conversion may take longer than expected.
I give it an honest 8/10, it would have been 9, but I'm a lazy ass who loves drag-and-drop. Still, that doesn't stop me from loving this amazing player.

Purchase
Personally, for me, there are more pros than cons and I really love this player. Should you get one too? Perhaps. :D And if you do want to get one for yourself, you can use this voucher.
Perfect for a friend for Chirstmas, or even for yourself. Go get the YP-T10 because it's awesome. This voucher is only valid for the YP-T10 MP3 player. Offer valid until 31st January 2008 and while stocks last. Only redeemable in Samsung's Flagship Store at ViVoCity.

Other models availible are the 8GB retailing at $349, 4GB retailing at $249 and 2GB retailing at $199. The headset retails at $179 but remember, with the voucher, you'll get the YP-T10 at 15% off and $20 off the SBH-500.

Labels: ,